Rules and Information
- Exhibitors need to read the General Rules, Livestock Rules, Jr. Livestock Rules and Health Regulations before filling out entry form.
- This department is open to anyone who is enrolled in 4-H or FFA and any Open exhibitors.
- All Exhibitors entries are due by August 11th online at lcfair-rodeo.fairentry.com.
- Market sheep classes will be established by the Superintendent, based on the number of animals exhibited.
- Market sheep will be shown out of wool and must be completely shown to a uniform length within 10 days prior to the first day of Fair & Rodeo.
- Market sheep must have milk teeth, baby teeth must be intact at time of processing
- Market sheep must be shown dry and blankets removed prior to weigh in.
- Rams are not eligible to show in Market Class, only weather lambs and ewe lambs.
- Sheep breed will be declared by Exhibitor at weigh in and the classifer will either accept the declared breed classification or the sheep will be classified as a crossbred.
- Southdown breeds must weigh 85 lbs and over. All other market sheep must weigh 100 lbs to 150 lbs. Any sheep over 150 lbs will be considered over weight.
- Under weight animals will be show in under weight classes and will not be eligible for Champion or Reserved Champion classes or the Lincoln County Junior Livestock Association Sale.
- Over weight animals will be shown in over weight class and will not be eligible for Champion or Reserved Champion classes or the Lincoln County Junior Livestock Association Sale.
- After show days, blankets must be removed for the public to view the animals.
- All sheep must be cleaned and fitted before show times.
- All sheep must have a USDA Scrapie tag to qualify for entry into any class.
- All Exhibitors will be required to attend barn meeting each morning at 8:30 am
- All Exhibitors will be required to participate in barn duty each day.
- All Exhibitors will be required to wear an Exhibitor number when in the Show Ring, exhibitor numbers will be provided by the Superintendent.
- At the end of the Fair & rodeo all Exhibitors must help take down pens and help clean before being released by the Superintendent.
- Each class of market lambs will be judged separately by weight.
- Each division for 4-H, FFA and Open will be judged separately.
- Division 1, Section 4: Sheep Fitting and Showing, entries will receive 10 points and a ribbon.
- Division 3: Sheep Breed Classes, crossbreeds may enter in lots 7 through 13.
- Division 3: Sheep Breed Classes, sheep must be shown in an individual lot to be shown in group lots.
- Weigh-in date and time is Wednesday, August 23rd at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. See the Weight and Weigh-in Requirements for further information.
- No cross entry between Market and Breeding Goat Classes.
- All sheep exhibits must be in pens by 9:00 pm.
- Sheep will be classified into market grades and placed within the grade.
- Sheep will be placed within each ribbon group by the official judge.
- Champions will be selected from the Market Sheep only in blue ribbon groups to compete for Grand and Reserved Champion.
- Ribbons will be used to designate the grade as follows:
Blue: Prime & Choice-superior confirmation
Red: Prime & Choice-less desirable conformation
White: Good Grade.