Rules and Information
- Exhibitors must read General Rules, Livestock Rules, Lincoln County Junior Livestock sale Rules and Health Regulations before filling out entry form or online with FairEntry.
- This department is open to anyone who is enrolled in 4-H and FFA and any Open exhibitors.
- All Exhibitors entries are due by August 11th.
- Weigh-in date and time is Wednesday, August 23rd at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. See the Weight and Weigh-in Requirements for further information.
- Each exhibitor will be required to participate in barn duty each day.
- Premium money may be withheld from exhibitors who choose not to participate in barn duty.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for decorating their own pen(s).
- An educational poster is required.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own feed.
- Availability of pens for open class will depend upon number of exhibitors and discretion of superintendent.
- Only does and wethers may be shown.
- No bucks allowed.
- All Fitting and Showing Classes may be shown together.
- All Exhibitors will be required to wear an exhibitor number when in the Show Ring, exhibitor numbers will be provided by the Superintendent.
- The Grand or Reserve Champion exhibitor in the Fitting & Showing class in Market, Dairy & Fiber goats will compete in the Round Robin in the large animal division with Horse, Steer, Hog & Lamb exhibitors.
- No cross entry between Open, 4-H, or FFA in
any of the Divisions.
- In the breed classes, goats must be shown in an individual lot to be shown in group lots.
- Goats in the breeding classes must have their horn tips covered as a safety precaution.
- Market goats must be under one year of age by evidence of milk teeth.
- Goats under 60 lbs will show in the feeder class and will not be eligible to sell.
- Any goats over 115 lbs will go in heavy weight class and are not eligible for championship class.
- If a goat is exhibited in Division 8 (Pet Goats), it may not be exhibited in Fitting and Showing or a breed class.
- Each class of livestock will be judged separately by weight.
- Each division, 4-H, FFA and Open will be judged separately.
- All exhibitors must help take down pens and be cleared by Barn Superintendent before leaving.